MileHiCon is one of those strange and wondrous places where you can randomly run into legendary authors such as Eric Flint (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Locus Magazine bestseller), two-time Hugo Award winning podcaster Patrick Hester, or bestselling author Jane Lindskold, who incidentally referred to me as the Guru of Humor.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, I fully intend to use as my job title from this point on. It is undisputedly the ten-ton showstopper of handshake introductions:
HIM: “Hello, I’m Bob. I’m a bestselling author.”
ME: “Hi. I’m Laurence. I’m THE GURU OF HUMOR.”
HIM: “. . . Uh, what?”
14 Colorado Authors Featured at MileHiCon 2017
MileHiCon does a wonderful job of supporting the local science fiction and fantasy book scene. I never pass up the chance to meet and chat with local authors, both familiar and new.
Want to help support your local authors? Here (in alphabetical order) are more than a dozen Colorado writers from this year’s convention, a mix of seasoned veterans and debut authors. Check out their new books:
1. W.J. Cherf, author of the urban fantasy novel The First Soul (www.wjcherf.com).
2. Tricia Copeland, author of the young adult series beginning with Kingdom of Embers (www.triciacopeland.com).
3. F.P. Dorchak, author of the new anthology Do the Dead Dream? (www.fpdorchak.com).
4. Sue Duff, author of the Weir Chronicles Series beginning with Fade to Black (www.sueduff.com).
5. J.D. Harpley, author of the Verge of Desolation series (www.astralscribe.com).
6. Colin Heintze, author of the debut urban fantasy novel Funeral Games (www.colinheintze.wordpress.com).
7. Patrick Hester, two-time Hugo Award winning host of the Functional Nerds podcast and author of the new urban fantasy novel Into the Fire (www.atfmb.com).
8. Kevin Ikenberry, author of the military science fiction series beginning with the novel Sleeper Protocol, a Colorado Book Award finalist (www.kevinikenberry.com).
9. Jenna Lincoln, author of the young adult novel The Protector Project (www.jennalincoln.net).
10. C.E. O’Grady, author of the debut novel Soft Inheritance (www.cogrady.com).
11. Aaron Michael Ritchey, author of The Juniper Wars series (www.aaronmritchey.com)
12. J. Rose, author of the debut fantasy novel Twins of Orion (www.jrosebooks.com).
13. P.A. Wikoff, author of the debut novel Feylin Lore: Reflections (pawikoff.wordpress.com).
14. Charles Wohlforth and Amanda R. Hendrix, Ph.D., a planetary scientist and award-winning science writer (and NASA astronaut candidate), authors of Beyond Earth (www.penguinrandomhouse.com).
Author events at The BookBar
If you’re free on the evening of Saturday, November 11, come meet me at The Book Bar. I’ll be reading and discussing fantasy and science fiction with New York Times bestselling author Carrie Vaughn, author of the Kitty Norville series (Kitty and the Midnight Hour, etc.). Also, the Book Bar has food and drinks!
Saturday, November 11, 2017 · 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
The BookBar · 4280 Tennyson Street · Denver CO 80212 · 303-284-0194
Are you getting my author newsletter? Get more events, contests, and free bonus materials. Subscribe here. >
Hey, thanks for the shout-out, Laurence! It was great to meet you, too! Love your new title, The Guru of Humor!